LIEBSTER AWARD NOMINATIONS
Oh COOL!…WHAT IS IT EXACTLY?
This was my first response when Siren and Soul received a message from June at Sometimes Write, letting us know that she has nominated us in the Liebster Awards.
The Liebster Awards helps recognise new bloggers and helps them connect with each other.
THE AIM OF THE GAME
Each blogger that’s nominated must do the following:
- Name the blogger who nominated you and display the award.
- Give 11 random facts about yourself.
- Answer the 11 questions you have been asked.
- Nominate and notify 11 bloggers you choose to award.
- Form a list of 11 different questions for your nominees to answer.
Here we go!
Q1. Why did you start your blog?
E: I started blogging around the same time I realised I could string a sentence together on paper.
S: I started blogging when I realised that opinions matter more than everyone else, so I decided to spread the word according to Sera.
Q2. What cause is closest to your heart? (This refers to charity or social issues).
E: Cancer research and hospice care is a cause close to both of our hearts. Quite a few family members have suffered from cancer in the past. It affects one in three people in Ireland.
S: Also animal, homeless and metal health charities.
Q3. If you could describe yourself in 3 words, what would they be?
E: Dreamer, Strong, Creative.
S: Resilient, Loyal, Awesome.
Q4. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
S: Leading my own cult.
Q5. What movie defines your life?
E: Any zombie movie. I spend my spare time collecting supplies and weapons for when the apocalypse comes.
S: The Lord of The Rings, The Two Towers. Given that I spent most of my life watching that film and can quote it, in its entirety. The film also incorporates every major theme eg. love, friendship, death, loyalty, honor, hope, joy etc.
Q6. If you could be anybody for a day, who would it be?
E: Keith Richards.
Q7. Who do you admire most in the world?
E: Anyone with a hard work ethic – Conor MacGregor, Richard Branson, JK Rowling etc
S: Vincent Brown.
Q8. If you won the lottery tomorrow, what’s the first thing you’d do?
E: Relax for five minutes while thinking about all the mint coloured things I could buy.
S: Buy an organic farm/donate to my favorite charities.
Q9. What words do you try to live by?
E: Feel the fear and do it anyway!
S: “Dreaming to be someone else is a waste of who you are.”- Kurt Cobain.
Q10. Do you have a bucket list?
E: More flying lessons, more martial arts, more music, more travelling, more art, more learning, to be successful…….
S: RULE THE WORLD……and I want a husky.
Q11. What’s your favourite meal in the world?
S: Mexican and Italian……Italimex?
E: Seafood and Mexican……Mexisea? Seamex?
(We spent the longest part of the post on this question)
11 RANDOM FACTS :
- I am an introvert.
- I’m dyslexic.
- I’m a proud farmer – (I’ve been a mid wife to many a sheep).
- I’ve been a vegetarian for over half of my life.
- I’ve never traveled outside of Europe.
- I am the great grand-niece of the first treasurer of the GAA.
- I have dislocating knee caps making it impossible to walk in heels. 😦
- I practice mindfulness every day.
- I am a first soprano (not like the tv show).
- I love metal and classical music ….(and most music in general).
- I have been skiing in the Alps.
- I do MMA.
- I’m a boxing coach.
- I’m a speed reader.
- I have flown a very small plane.
- Also a farmer.
- History mad.
- Animal lover.
- I have asthma.
- Obsessed with the colour mint (and zombies and food and coffee).
- I’ve been to Africa.
- I used to live in Edinburgh.
SIREN AND SOUL NOMINATES:
SIREN AND SOUL ASKS:
Q. Place you wish to travel?
Q. Favorite song lyric?
Q. Favorite T.V. Show?
Q. Any pet hates?
Q. Any guilty pleasures?
Q. Blog post that you are most proud of from your blog?
Q. Holy grail make-up item?
Q. Biggest Accomplishment?
Q. Favorite genre of movie?
Q. Favorite YouTuber?
Q. Are you a Cat or Dog lover?